Founder & Owner, Wakeland Property Co.
A fifth generation Texan, Mark was born and raised in Texas and currently resides on a ranch in Aubrey, Texas, and has an extensive real estate services background that began in 1988. He comes from a long lineage of ranching heritage, with his mother from Alpine and grandfather having managed the historic Gage Ranch in the Big Bend Area for a greater part of his life. The late H.J. Justin, Mark’s great-great grandfather, was the founder of the now famous Justin Boot Company. His immediate family is in the education business with his father having Wakeland High School in Frisco, Texas as a namesake. His parents and western lineage taught him the value of hard work, character and competency, all founding principals of Wakeland Property Co.
Mark began his career in 1988 with Ernst & Young’s Real Estate Valuation Services Group, then moved to Deloitte & Touche as Manager. He performed valuation and due diligence for litigation support and income tax allocation purposes on commercial and land properties throughout North America, including the valuation of the Forbes Trinchera Ranch in Colorado. In 1995, Mark worked for Hank Dickerson in land brokerage and then spent the next eight years with The Staubach Company. After initially managing and brokering real estate assets in 16 states for Frito-Lay and GTE, he became a partner with Staubach Capital Partners. He acquired several corporate assets including those owned by Mondavi Wines, SBC Communications, Phillips-Conoco Alaska, and CVS through structured sale & leaseback transactions. He also worked on various land development projects including tracts in Houston owned by Halliburton and land in Ottawa, Canada.
Texas Brokers License since 1988
- B.S. Forestry, Texas A&M University, 1986
- Masters of Land Economics and Real Estate, Texas A&M University, 1988
- Senior Associate, Ernst & Young Real Estate Valuation & Tax Group through 1991
- Manager, Deloitte & Touch Real Estate Valuation & Tax Group through 1994
- Land Broker, Hank Dickerson & Co. though 1996
- Partner, The Staubach Company through 2004 (voted Most Valuable Player 2001)
- President, Wakeland Property Co. to Present
- Resides in Aubrey, Texas with his wife and two children, 4 horses, 8 dogs, and 2 barn cats.
- Active members of Denton Bible Church in Denton, Texas
- Passion for hunting & fishing, team roping, being with family, and coaching kids in various sports
- Member American Quarter Horse Association
- Member American Paint Horse Association
For the past 12 years, Mark has owned Wakeland Property Company. His passion for the outdoors, the western lifestyle and people, keep him focused on the sale of premium horse properties, estates, ranches, and commercial properties throughout North Texas. His extensive education and real estate background give him the unique ability to handle a multitude of properties, from the simple to complex, from large upper scale ranches and estates, to 1031 tax exchanges and properties with active minerals.
Customer satisfaction is Wakeland Property Company’s ultimate priority. We work extraordinarily hard for our clients. It’s our heritage.